|Lois Shipp Marshall County Historical Museum Owner|
The museum building was originally built as a dormitory for the Mississippi Synodical Collegwomen's college dormitory, and it was saved in the 1970's when
the county threatened to tear it down. Shipp asked to save the building for a museum space five times before the county agreed. The museum is filled with antiques dating all the way back to the War of 1812. The most prized possession, according to Shipp, is the million dollar library. For more on this story click here.